Pre-med

Decisions

Hi everyone!

So I have some exciting news! I heard back from a post-bacc program! I’m so incredibly excited! However, I have some tough choices to make.

My husband’s job can’t transfer him where we would be going. I had checked with him for the other schools, but this one had completely slipped my mind. As luck would have it, he may be able to transfer within the company to a field that he wants to make a career out of, but they may require him to stay in the state. If it was just the teo of us we could probably make this work anyway, but as you know I have twin boys. This makes it more complicated because we can’t pack up and move without some sort of income, so if my husband has to stay in the area it will be a strain in our family.

So I’m sort of at a cross roads. The program is great and tied to a medical school, which is exactly what my advisor said I should do. However, it’s gotten down to choosing between my husband’s dream job/livelyhood and me furthering my education in hopes of getting into med school. My husband has gone as far as suggest that he should stay home with my boys and continue to work while I go to school across the country. This is not an ideal situation and one that neither of us wants… and honestly I’m not sure it’s worth it enough for me to leave my sons for a year. On the other hand, should I pass this up? Something I’ve worked really hard for that could improve my GPA and my chances of getting into med school?

For now, I haven’t heard back from the other three schools. My top choice may or may not have a completed application; I asked on Wednesday but have yet to receive a response. It’s one last letter of recommendation, and I keep reminding the person writing it to send it. All I can do is wait and hope someone else gets back to me so we can decide on the best option.

I’m really nervous for the future. Last week I was dying to get accepted anywhere… now I’m dreading having been accepted. I know things will work out in the end, but I guess I have to stress out about it first.

Anyway, just a little update. I have until June 30th to get back to the school and let them know if I accept their offer or not. I’ll let you know what happens and how this works out. Here’s hoping only good things come our way!

Andrea.

Advertisements

1 thought on “Decisions”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s